Saturday, January 2, 2010

虎柄着物 / Tiger Pattern Kimono

It is hard to believe that 2010 is here already.  What a wild decade that was!  It seems just yesterday that everyone was worried if the power was going to stay on when we rolled over to the year 2000, the internet was just starting to grow and virtual worlds were just a twinkle in our collective digital eyes.

In Japan, it is traditional for people to wear their best kimono to visit the shrine on New Year's Day [初詣 / hatsu moude / first shine visit] to pray for good health, prosperity in the coming year, warding off evil spirits and safety.  My own personal Second Life tradition for the past few years has been to visit the various shrines on New Year's Day to give thanks for my friends who have helped me in the past year and to pray that they have good fortunes in the future.

So, to celebrate a new decade, I decided that this New Year's outfit should reflect that digitally.  2010 is the year of the tiger in the Asian / Lunar New Year calendar and to start the year right, I asked my very good friend Uriah Eulenberg from BALACLAVA!! to design a tiger kimono for me.  Uriah has taken my original idea to the extreme and what he has presented me with was nothing short of a masterpiece.  Let's look at this outfit in greater detail.




You can see why I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the outfit with its long flowing sleeves and intricate drum bow in back, topped with a decoration showing the year, 2010, on the front of the obi [belt].    I have also chosen black geta [shoes] from Ookami Ningen as it fits the outfit's colors better as well as a cute tiger striped cowboy hat to complete the look.  The geta are one of the staples that I keep at the top of my inventory when I need an elegant look to a kimono.


Today's Kazunori action shot:  「今日の和徳くんは」






Shape: My own
Hair: Find Ash - "FA"Trick Master[Neo Black]  L$280
Eyes: EDDESIGN - HD - Darker eyes type 4  L$180
Hat: D2TK - Tiger Fur One Cowboy Hat L$100
Kimono: BALACLAVA!! - 2010 Tora Gara Kimono [Tiger Pattern Kimono]
Under Kimono: The Ancient Tree Kimono Shop - Silk Black Kimono - Male [special gift from the Make Him Over Hunt #2]
Geta [Shoes]: Ookami Ningen - Z's Men's Geta Black (size 50) L$40


Until next time,

Kazzy
和徳

1 comment: